The European Code Administrator (ECA) is a body that handles complaints between consumers and direct selling companies, after all other remedies have failed.
The ECA includes a committee of three members:
- One representative of the direct selling sector appointed by Seldia’s Board of Directors;
- One representative of the French consumer association Association Léo Lagrange pour la Défense des consommateurs ( http://www.leolagrange-conso.org/)
- One qualified independent person acting as Chairperson of that committee: Professor Emeritus Jules Stuyck.
The European Code Administrator can take the following actions:
- receive and decide on complaints from parties (consumers, direct sellers, direct selling companies, consumer bodies etc) from one of the EEA countries without a DSA in membership of Seldia involving a direct selling company in membership of Seldia or of a DSA in membership of Seldia
- receive and decide on complaints from parties related to cross-border transactions and involving a direct selling company in membership of Seldia or of a DSA in membership of Seldia from one of the EEA countries
- receive and decide on complaints from DSAs in membership of Seldia in one of the EEA countries involving a direct selling company in membership of Seldia
- receive complaits from DSAs membership of Seldia from one of the EEA countries involving direct selling companies in membership of WFDSA, WFDSA CEO Council or of DSAs outside membership of Seldia with the aim of mediation together with such directselling companies, WFDSA and the DSA in question.
If a complaint is received which is capable of being handled by a national DSA which is a member of SELDIA, then the complaint will be declined by SELDIA and referred to the relevant national DSA.